Wednesday, September 19, 2007

School

I hate school. I have a huge group project due on the 25th. It's a GROUP project, but I am stuck doing all the work. That always happens to me. I had to do a group project for my Child, Family, and Community class. There were 5 people in my group, but I did all the work. We all got a 100 on that.

My project due on the 25th is on the Reggio Emilia approach. I have to write a really long paper, make a power point presentation, and make a handout of important points to pass out to the class. The other 2 women in my group have not done a thing. I really should be working on that assignment now, but I have better things to do, like complain about it.

One of my teachers asked me yesterday if I was planning to go to a 4 year school after I get my associates. I told her no, I probably won't even finish my associates. She gave me a lecture about how I am one of the best students she has had in a long time and how I have such potential. Blah, blah, blah...I have heard it all before. Then she asked me where I see myself in 5 years. She acted shocked when I said I hoped to be a stay at home mom. I told her flat out that I have no motivation to be in school and that I'm only doing it to pass the time until I have kids. I know it's not a good attitude to have, but it's how I feel. Well, I better get to work on that report now, because if I don't do it no one will.

4 comments:

Chelsea Rae said...

Wow, we had very similar experiences in school!! I hated group projects with a passion too... I was always the only one who cared what kind of grade we got. I got the big lecture about leaving school too because I dropped out at the end of my second year of nursing to get married (I didn't do my second clinical rotation) and my instructors were *not* pleased! I had no motivation for school either and I don't think it's not a good attitude to have, you know what you want and aren't willing to do what everyone else thinks you should! I know how hard it is to tell people you don't want to work! How long do you have left in your associates, is this your fist year?

Chelsea Rae said...

lol... that was really long... sorry!

Jessica Morris said...

cool! I didn't know you had a blog! yay! they're so fun :)

hope the project goes well!

Emily said...

I went to a university for 3 semesters, so I have all of my basic math, science, biology type classes finished. I went to the community college for 1 semester and took 4 classes. I am only taking 3 classes this semester, so I have no idea how much I have left.